The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
- Saint Augustine

Monday, January 21, 2013

There and Back Again: A Danish Tale by Casey Coughlin

It's been a little more than a little while.

Back from Denmark for almost a year now. Realizing the ways it's changed me. I sound like an old fart from time to time (could I pull of the nick name 'new fart'? would I want to?) when I talk about how dark it was in the approaching winter months. How I braved biking through the rain and slush for a cocktail hour, or the occasional class. I still retell the stories in this blog- forgetting that most people have read them and then looking like a double idiot. Believe me, it's not twice as nice.

Looking back makes me smile, and perhaps wriggles out a tear for how cold I truly was. These experiences were formative. I'm not going to get too mushy here (although mush DOES happen to be my favorite kind of food), but this experience was important, in more ways than I could have imagined. This journey has come to an end- and this blog has worn out its wear. I'm no longer A Broad Abroad. I am now a Babe Who's Back, a true Katy Perry style California Girl. It's time to move onward to a different blog- I place where I can write about the life I live now.

But... I still crave glogg. And still giggle when I say it.

Starting afresh- I've started a new blog for those interested in following. It's called The Writ and it's the Shit. (This can be interpreted as a good or bad thing).

I'd love if you all could join me in reading along in a less adventurous, but similarly entertaining journey, fingers crossed. Hopefully this journey --a.k.a my life-- will not have an end in the near future.

Thank you faithful readers for coming to Denmark with me. Ready to embark again? Pleasanton California- suburbia superb-ia, let's see what you have in store.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog, and all your travel. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog. I am looking for friends in my blog. Hope u could take time to read my blog and tell me what you think on the comment. I am as well an exchnage student. Here is my blog: http://year-in-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete